Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday, monday.

An interesting weekend - got a whole day of C-time yesterday, which was incredibly cool, especially since he's had to work the last few saturdays.

Spent saturday messing around with the sewing machine - didn't do too badly, either. With a little practice I should be able to make some fun stuff - as obsessed with the beauty of quilting as I've always been, I've never used my machine for making practical things, and it's a lot more fun than I always thought it was. Admittedly I still have to learn to sew in a straight line, but I find it a lot like a 3-D sudoku puzzle - things have to go in the right places, and working out how it all goes together is absorbing and relaxing all at once.

If anyone has any ideas for places to find easy-ish projects, I'd love to hear about them...

I've not actually managed to do anything useful this weekend at all - which was very nice, but now I have to do it all after work this week. Yuck.

We're also having trouble getting Iz to settle down at night - she had a "bad dream" two weeks ago, and now every night she's scared to go to sleep in case she has the same dream. Something to do with being chased by as gorilla is the best we can get out of her. I'm thinking with all the huge impending change in her life, we should go fairly easy on her (she ends up laying in our bed and falling asleep most nights - we move her when we want to go to bed) but I'm sort of at a loss when it comes to actually getting to the bottom of this, rather than letting her do that every night for the foreseeable future. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: