Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cleaning sucks.

Phew. I'm half way through cleaning out Izzy's room, with (sometimes) and without (mostly) her help. Good news is that finally her room will look loike a real room, with carpet and stuff.

The bad news? We're cleaning up because she's asked to redecorate her room. True, she's five and perhaps her nusery theme is a bit young for her, but I'm also not sure what a five year old who is obsessed with Hannah Montana (blech) and Spongebob Squarepants (to say nothing of having a thing for really bad reality TV - Supernanny?) will come up with as a plan for redecoration. Not only that, but we don't have a ton of money, so her furniture has to stay - the bed is no problem, since it's cute and probably the most expensive piece of furniture we've ever bought. Thre dressers need a little work - they're hand me downs, and they're nice, but they're most definately made for a room that's much bigger than Izzy's. Oh well, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Other than that, last night was stressful. Too much bad stuff going on, and neither C or I seem to have time for each other's feelings. We both need to take a deep breath, but with work, home stuff and Izzy we really don't have the time.

Speaking if Izzy, I have to go now. I'm off to go make a butterfly princess bed canopy. Yay.

No comments: