Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back on track

This weekend seems to have ironed out all the weird curves I was thrown in the last week. Got the car, paid for the car (somehow!) and then went out to dinner yesterday as a belated birthday present.

Got some really cool shoes for my birthday. Usually I'm not someone to go all gushy over shoes, but these shoes rock - I needed a new pair so C took me out after we ate to run around shoe shops. I obliged by picking a pair in the first shop we went into, and not testing his promise that he would remain patient until I had found the perfect pair.

I've also got (wait for it) $20 birthday money. That is, money all for me that I'm not spending on bills or groceries or soccer uniform for a certain five-year-old or any other stuff. I'm now desperately trying to figure out how I'm going to spend it, but I'm sure it's going to end up being books. Yay! Is it only me who gets an absolute thrill out of getting the best and most books for the smallest amount of money possible? Christmas must have been a record - I managed 8 new books, all of which I had really wanted to read, for $50 including shipping. Oh, and a free exercise DVD, which is gathering dust where I placed it when it fell out of the box six months ago. It looks all creepy and motivational and stuff.

No comments: