Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good thing I held off

I was going to post this morning, but decided against it as it would have basically just been one long whine. Now I'm glad I waited - The garage has said they'll work with us on a payment system if the car repairs are too much for our fragile budget. Also, they went over to our house and managed to drive the car back to their shop, so that we woudn't have to pay for towing - how cool is that?

Another incredibly cool thing. My boss, who is probably the nicest boss in the world, and who has been picking me up every morning for work and driving me home, went into the garage at lunchtime and put some money towards getting my car fixed as my birthday present. Did I mention that my boss is one of the nicest people in the world? He is a great guy - we get along really well.

So, really, life is pretty darn good. I'm home from work, and it's my birthday tomorrow, which means C is going to take me out to dinner - totally unexpected, since I figured with the car problems and having to buy him an air ticket this week we'd be eating Ramen noodles by now, but he says he'll swing it some way or another. See? Things are looking up!

No comments: