Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Where have I been?

Well, I wrote out a huge great long post on Friday, only for the comuter to eat it before I posted. I've just now figured out how to retrieve it and post it, so today you get a two-fer.

We did go camping last weekend, and it was a blast - Point lookout is great, although we didn't even get to go to most of the places I wanted to see. We really just spent the time crabbing, which Iz loved, and making the most of the activities laid on at the Nature center - I love state parks. All the activities are educational, and very tailored for whatever kids show up. The warden there was fabulous, she even took time to give Iz and I a complete guided tour of the center when we showed up late for one of the activities. Too many jellyfish to go swimming, but Iz was fine with just hanging out on the floating docks catching crabs (all of which were way too small to eat).

This week is shaping up to be stressful - at least yesterday was, and today is headed the same way. I got badly let down by someone who was supposed to do work for us, although I was kind of expecting it, it wasn't fun to have my worst fears realised. Thankfully C is stepping into the breach and doing the drywall work that needs to be done.

C took our nephew to the football game last night - the preseason between the Ravens and the Eagles. I watched it on TV, since there really wasn't anyone to watch Iz, and our nephew deserved the treat anyway. Seems like they had a blast.

Tonight we're at Iz's new school yet again, this time for a new student's evening. Since we missed the Kindergarten one, we were invited to this one, which is nice, since we'll get to see the whole school and meet some of the staff. Next Friday she has "back to school afternoon", and then the Monday after that she starts school - scary since my childcare deal fell through. Now we're going to have to figure something else out, and with only 2 weeks to do it, I have no clue how we'll do. Oh well. We'll survive.

No comments: