Wednesday, August 29, 2007

OK, so I'm a slacker again.

But most day's my life is really not interesting enough to write about.

School is going well - the third day started with Iz not even bothering to say goodbye to me before she got on the bus, and not even bothering to wave once she was on the bus. She proudly informed me that her teacher had given out "slam dunk" tickets to kids yesterday (the school's good behaviour reward program - when a teacher notices good behavior, the kid immediately gets a ticket, which entitles them to something good happening later that day - they get a prize, or get to be the line leader, or something else that five year olds think is just great), but not to her. Apparently she's not that bothered - yeah right. This child is one of those award-collecting kids. If they're giving out certificates, she wants one. Heck, if they're giving out stickers, she will move heaven and earth to get one. We'll see if she comes home all self-satisfied this afternoon.

I'm kind of liking this whole getting up an hour later than usual - sleeping in until 6am is heavenly. It's awesome. I know C is loving not having to drive 2 hours in the afternoon to pick Iz up, too. Things have actually been getting done around the house. It's like, all of a sudden, we're normal people with a vaguely tidy house and dishes to eat off. I give it two weeks before we're back to our usual selves.

Other stuff? I think Iz loves her teacher. I know she's upset that the weekend's coming up - and a long weekend at that - three whole days away from school! It makes me feel so loved. Actually I prefer this to a kid who screams all morning becuase they can't bear to go to school.

No comments: