Saturday, August 25, 2007

All went very, very well.

And Iz is excited and counting down the hours. All the kids in her class were as desperately shy as she was - so it was aminly parents wandering around, reading name-tags and trying to introduce their kids toy your kid. And the kids taking a quick peek and running away. Incidentally, Iz will be in a class with a kid that C has done some dry-wall work for. Either they didn't remember him (probably), or we were all very good and didn't talk about work while the kids were supposed to be socializing.

Oh, and I have to report my absolute hypocrisy. As much as I went on the other day about people who want ultra-expensive things all the time, and those who market to them, I really really really want a Wegman's closer to my house. We went in yesterday to pick up some things not available at our local supermarket (think eastern end of the cold war - you're lucky if there's bread on the shelves) and I realised that I do really want polite, friendly staff, a huge selection and gorgeous (although still supermarkety) surroundings. And it's not that much more expensive than my only local supermarket, which is horribly run, dirty, poorly stocked and has crazy staff who examine your purchases as they pass them across the scanner, making the odd comment about your tastes.

The one problem with Wegmans (the one that makes me feel all hypocritical) is that they do stock lots of "over expensive crap you never knew you needed", but I figure I can make a statement and not buy any of it. Or at least I could if there was a Wegmans close to me. *sigh*

No comments: