Saturday, July 14, 2007

And everything changed.

C's grandmother down in Florida, who fell and broke her hip a week ago, has taken a turn for the worse. Not only that, C's mother will not fly.

C, being the good son that he is, is on his way down to Florida. In his parents car. He's taking turns with his father so that they can drive right through. What's worse? I'm the idiot that suggested it. OK, maybe it's not that idiotic, but it's got to be on that list. But I do want C to be able to see his grandmother again, and I want him to be there for his parents - it just means he's not here for me - yup - thats the issue here - I'm selfish, people.

In a few minutes I'll take a chill pill and get some perspective, but right now I'm mad at myself. I'm mad at myself for doing the right thing, I guess. After the last two days, when we've managed to have a huge fight every night, I was really looking forward to some proper time with him. Oh well. I'll get that all the rest of the weekends this summer, I can give one up - right?

No comments: