Monday, February 11, 2008

The end is nigh!

It must be - I've just joined a gym.

You know I went on and on recently about my idea of the perfect hair salon? Well, I've found that someone else has put the idea into practice for a gym. It's awesome, and it's near enough to my house that it's not a major hassle to get off my bum and go there.

It's all controlled by computer, which means, best of all, there are no attendants! Nobody! It's a wonderful wonderful place. You swipe your card to get into the place, and then swipe out when you're done. Noone to be fake-cheerful at you, and noone to ask why you haven't been in a while which was the problem with the last place I tried - the lady who owned and ran it was nice, but she hovered. If you missed going for a day, she would call and see if you were OK. If I missed a week, it was like the freaking inquisition when I went back there. Of course, one day I missed a week and then couldn't face the inquisition, so I stopped going.

Anyway, I was there on Saturday, and it was just me, alone in a whole room of fun looking gym equipment - it was awesome! I played around and came up with a workout that I like (and that incidentally kicks my ass, so it's probably good for me, too). TV's are tuned to a news channel (not Fox, thank God) with the sound up, which is awesome. I hate silent TV's anywhere, because them I'm forced to make up what the newscasters are saying, and although that's a lot more fun, it's a lot less informative, too.

So that's my news - I'm going to try and work out at least four times a week. I've already managed once, so this shouldn't be too hard. Yeah, right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

\o/ Yay, go you. You can do this. And dont let any slip ups stop you. if you miss a week, never mind, just start again the next one!