Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So where have I been?

Well, Saturday we headed down to Charles Town, WV, for the horse racing. Had a great time. Stayed in a brand new Holiday Inn, and it was wonderful. Even had a free shuttle to the racecourse - which was excellent as both of us wanted a drink or two.

Had fun with the horse racing - pretty much broke even, which was better than I had expected. C really, really enjoyed it. We're probably going back one Sunday afternoon, and taking Iz with us - it seems a pretty family place - lots of people had their kids with them, and all the kids were having a great time.

Getting ready for Iz's birthday tomorrow - she'll be 6. There's a brand new bike sitting in our basement, and I know she'll be thrilled with it. Family party on friday, and her gymnastics party next Sunday - we wanted her to get to know some of the kids at school so she could have school friends at her very first real party.

So lots going on. I've been kind of on a freebie hunting and competition entering thing too, lately. I stumbled upon Spoofee.com, which has lists of stuff to enter, and free stuff to get, and really good deals - I bought an MP3 player (just a 512mb one, but good enough for Iz) for $5 including shipping.

All of a sudden, I've decided I want to win something. Anything. Well, anything I really want, obviously. I didn't enter the competition where you get to dance with shakira as a prize, even if it would mean seeing a few really shocked faces. Nor the one where you get to meet a Nascar driver. What would I say? Apart from apologising and telling him that I vastly prefer Formula One, and that would be pretty awkward....

No comments: