Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jobless in Maryland...

So here's the update:

Still no job. T.Rowe Price broke up with me via email, in spite of promising to call (not that I'm that bothered). The guy who called me last week and promised to call back the next day and set up an interview has yet to do so.

I have an interview at a bookstore tomorrow, which would mean retail holiday hell, and inconvenient hours, but at this point it also means pay. And how fraught can a bookstore get? It's not like there will be people fighting over toys or electronics.

Not much else is going on - I'd be a lot happier if I didn't have to find something to do, but life (and bills) dictate that I must work somewhere, so now my sense of worth is directly connected with my job hunt. I applied for a job at the local supermarket, and they have yet to call me back. So there's my dose of low self-esteem for the day.

No comments: